Monday, July 18, 2011

flipflop Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot

Not very many people know that I love a glasses of wine on occasion. My husband and I have attend food & wine festivals just so we could learn about different wines and taste. So when I was given a chance to taste some more flipflop wines, I was more than happy to. This time I was given the Cabernet and the Chardonnay. I was of coursed pleased again with the outstanding taste that flipflop has put into each flavor. If you stop by their site they offer some great suggestion on what you should pair each wine with. Like you can have the Merlot with some Texas Chili. We went ahead and took their advice and all I could say is yummy! Here is a little information about the two wines. The decision to take their advice is up to you. To each, their own!
Merlot - Vintage 2009
Appellation: California
Tastes like: Medium-bodied, silky Merlot with plum and mocha notes, soft tannins and a balanced, luscious finish.
Eat with: Texas chili, black & blue sliders, cheddar cheese broccoli or your favorite tacos
Serve: Room temperature
Store: Away from direct sunlight
 
Cabernet Sauvignon - Vintage 2009
Appellation: California
Tastes like: Full-bodied, Cabernet Sauvignon with blackberry fruit, dark cherries and a long, lingering finish.
It is full of: Black pepper notes and berry aromas
Eat with: New York strip steak, spinach ravioli or Portobello mushrooms
Serve: Room temperature
Store: Away from direct sunlight.
 
If you would like to read my previous post about flipflop wine click here

As always, please remember to drink responsibly when you are drinking these or any other wines or alcoholic beverages.

You have to give extra credit were it is due. I am pleased to say that in 2011, flipflop wines and Underdog Wine Merchants are partnering with Soles4Souls to help them achieve their goal of 11 million pairs of shoes in 2011.  For every bottle of flipflop wine that is purchased, Soles4Souls will distribute a pair of shoes to someone in need. (up to 100,000 pairs in the first year). Thank you flipflop for given back where it is needed.

I received the products mentioned above for free through the above mentioned company or representing PR agency. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...